If you are looking for a School/Nursery place in 2020, please come and have a look around school.
Dear Parents and CARERS
Our mission is to provide an enriching, high quality education, where we learn, love and grow with Christ at the centre, so that each individual feels nurtured and can achieve their full potential. We strive to be an oasis of educational excellence where our children feel well-supported, happy and safe, therefore enjoying school. They benefit greatly from the creative, skills-based curriculum they receive, and love the exciting school trips and interesting visitors who enhance their learning.
If you would like your child to start in Nursery or Reception (2019/20), we would be delighted to show you around our warm, friendly school.
‘St Malachy’s, a great place to be!’
FUNDED NURSERY PLACES AVAILABLE NOW - PLEASE CONTACT SCHOOL FOR MORE INFORMATION - 30 HOUR FUNDED PLACES AVAILABLE
Latest SCHOOL CALENDAR Events
- School Closed17Feb2020
12:00 am - 21 feb, 1:00 am
School is closed from Friday, 14th February. School re-opens for children on Monday, 24th February at 8.50am. We hope you have a lovely break.
- School Re-open24Feb2020
8:50 am - 9:30 am
School re-opens on Monday, 24th February at 8.50am for children.
- Confession Workshop25Feb2020
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm @ St Malachy's - School Hall
If you child is a Baptised Catholic, they can continue their sacramental journey by making his/hers First Confession - Sacrament of Reconciliation this academic year (In Year 3 or above). We will teach some of the lessons in school but we also need you to support the programme by attending the Confession Workshops. All Confession Workshops will be at St Malachy's School at 3.30pm till 4.30pm. If your child attends all the Workshop sessions he/she will be making their First Confession on the 7th March 2020 at St Bernards Catholic Church at 2pm.
- Headteacher's Award Assembly28Feb2020
9:00 am - 9:30 am @ School Hall
Our Headteacher's Award Assembly will be on Friday mornings at 9am. Tea and coffee provided. We hope you can join us.
- World Book Day05Mar2020
To celebrate World Book Day this year, each class will be spending the day learning about a different children’s author: EYFS – Julia Donaldson (The Gruffalo, Room on the Broom, The Paper Dolls) Year 1 – Beatrix Potter (The Tales of Peter Rabbit, Jemima Puddle-Duck, Farmer McGreggor) Year 2 – Judith Kerr (Mog, The Tiger Who Came to Tea) Year 3 – Dr Seuss (The Cat in the Hat, Horton Hears a Who, The Grinch) Year 4 – Kenneth Grahame (The Wind in the Willows, The Reluctant Dragon, Bertie’s Escapades) Year 5 – C. S. Lewis (The Chronicles of Narnia) Year 6 – Phillip Pullman (His Dark Materials, The Firework Maker’s Daughter) The children will be allowed to dress up as a character from one of their class author’s stories. We will hold a competition, judging the best home-made outfits and prizes will be awarded during a celebration assembly in the afternoon. Each class will also nominate 4 children to share their findings and day’s activities in the assembly. Parents/carers are more than welcome to join us for this special assembly. Please encourage your child to have a think about their favourite book and, if possible, bring a copy in to school on World Book Day. The staff will also be sharing their favourite childhood books!
- To celebrate World Book Day this year, each class will be spending the day learning about a different children’s author. Please click for more information.
- Today, saw the introduction of 'Hot Chocolate Friday'. Two children were randomly chosen from the school, who have shown excellent behaviour all week and have remained on Green.
- If your child is a baptised Catholic, made their First Confession last year, they can continue their sacramental journey by making his/her First Communion - Sacrament of the Eucharist this academic year – in Year 4. Please click for more information.
- We are inviting prospective parents of any children who are due to start School or Nursery in 2020 to come and have a look around our lovely school on Tuesday, 14th January 2020 9am - 9.45am.
- Do you live locally and would like to work as a School Crossing Patrol Operative?
St Malachy's Catholic Primary School
Furness Place Halifax West Yorkshire HX2 8JY