St Malachy's School continues to be a 'GOOD' School - Ofsted Sept 2017
Dear Parents and CARERS
Our mission is to provide an enriching, high quality education, where we learn, love and grow with Christ at the centre, so that each individual feels nurtured and can achieve their full potential. We strive to be an oasis of educational excellence where our children feel well-supported, happy and safe, therefore enjoying school. They benefit greatly from the creative, skills-based curriculum they receive, and love the exciting school trips and interesting visitors who enhance their learning.
If you would like your child to start in Nursery or Reception (2019/20), we would be delighted to show you around our warm, friendly school.
‘St Malachy’s, a great place to be!’
FUNDED NURSERY PLACES AVAILABLE NOW - PLEASE CONTACT SCHOOL FOR MORE INFORMATION - 30 HOUR FUNDED PLACES AVAILABLE
Latest SCHOOL CALENDAR Events
- School Re-open04Nov2019
8:45 am - 9:00 am
- Awards Assembly04Nov2019
9:00 am - 9:30 am @ School Hall
Join us for our Awards Assembly every Monday morning at 9am till 9:30am.
- Flu Nasal Immunisation - Reception to Year 604Nov2019
12:00 pm - 2:45 pm
The Calderdale Immunisation Team will be coming into school on Monday, 4th November to give flu vaccinations for all children from Reception to Year 6. If you have not returned your child's consent form, please contact the school office.
- No After School Clubs Today Due To Parents Evening04Nov2019
Please note, all after school clubs on Monday, 4th November and Wednesday, 6th November will be cancelled due to Parents' Evening. Please ensure your child is collected promptly at the end of the school day. Thank you.
- Parent's Evening04Nov2019
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
We would like to invite you to discuss your child’s progress so far this term with the class teacher. We hope all parents will attend as links between home and school are so important for your child’s education. Parents evening this year will be taking place in the School Hall for all years groups. If at all possible, please do not bring children with you on the evening. If you have to bring children with you, please ensure they are supervised at all times and wait quietly so as not to disturb the teacher/parent appointments.
- Unique Ways are holding a Afternoon Tea on Monday, 18th November at 1pm till 2.45pm for parents/carers of children who have additional needs/SEN/disability. We hope you can come along.
- A Big Thank You, to everyone who brought a donation in for our Harvest Mass.
- We would like to invite you to discuss your child’s progress so far this term with the class teacher. We hope all parents will attend as links between home and school are so important for your child’s education.
- The PTFA are kindly asking for donations for our Rainbow Tombola and Chocolate Tombola, to be held at the Christmas Fayre. In return for donations, children will be able to come to school in non-uniform on Friday, 18th October and Friday, 15th November.
- Come along at 9.00am on Monday 23rd September. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity!
St Malachy's Catholic Primary School
Furness Place Halifax West Yorkshire HX2 8JY